Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Brooklyn Jessica

Okay, since I have at least 4 blog stalkers (it's okay I stalk your blogs to) I will continue what I left off last December. A lot has happened since then so I'll recap!

When I last posted I was hugely preggo with my little girl. Christmas came and went and so did my due date. Kels and Nate had come for Christmas (and hopefully the birth of their niece) but she didn't come so they left to. Exactly one week after my due date the doctor decided to induce me. So, January 6 came along and at 8 am Kale and I found ourselves at the hospital nervously awaiting our (my) scheduled induction. Labor, as expected, wasn't a walk in the park. Because I had been induced the contractions started right away and got more painful really really fast. After roughly 9 hours of labor, I got an epidural. Hands down, it was exactly what I needed..haha. After 10 hours I had progressed to a whole 3 cm. Yeah, that's 3 of 10. My contractions were right on top of each other. My epi didn't freeze all of my left side so I could still feel some pain. After a little while her heartbeat started to drop really really low and she even flatlined a time or two. I didn't know that until after I'd had her, my doctor kept me amazingly calm. So, there wasn't much choice in the matter I was headed for the OR. Kale scrubbed up and came with me of course and at just before 9 pm on January 6th I had my baby girl surgically removed from my body. At that point I was okay with the c-section and just wanted a healthy baby. We had named her months before, her name is Brooklyn Jessica. We
fell in love with her, all 9 lbs of her.

She's been every parents dream baby! For the first few weeks of her life she just took it all in and rarely cried. On February 1st Kale blessed her in Sacrament meeting. She wore a beautiful dress, and we were surrounded by family and friends. It was a great day :)

Brooklyn (or Brookey as we like to call her) has been a very fast learner in everything she does. She's one determined kid, that's for certain. She's currently 6.5 months old, and is starting to get into everything. She LOVES to eat and can down a jar (or 3) of baby food in no time. She weighed almost 15 lbs at her 6 month appointment and is 26 inches long. She has almost no hair, but she has big blue eyes that make up for every hair she doesn't have. Just this last week she's started to teeth, and it's wreaking havoc on our sleep schedule. I love her big gummy smile, but she will look so cute with teeth! Here is a recent picture of the little miss. She's such a water baby! I'm glad considering we live so close to may lakes!


That's all for now ... I have much more to write about but Brooke has just woken up so I suppose I'll save all of that for another post!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm sure Liss will stalk you when she finds out you started again... so that's 5 stalkers for you Kenny! Lol

Skye said...

I'm going to stalk your blog too (feel free to stalk mine!) Grant is long and skinny too! The water picture is very cute. Six months is so fun hey!

Marni & James said...

I love that picture of her in the water. It is one of my favorites of her.

Mandy said...

great picture of the blessing day. Congrats on the new house as well. You guys sound like you're doing well. That's awesome. I can't wait to hear more.