Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Me...

In December, a good friend from high school asked me if I wanted to play on her recreational basketball team. It was something that I really had to think about!
I've been playing basketball since I was like 10 or 11, and played all through junior high school and on my high school teams.

However, I pretty much hadn't picked up a ball in 5 years.
5 YEARS!
I couldn't believe it when I counted!
I guess life just got busy.

I have been saying to Kale for a few years that I would like to start playing organized basketball again but we were living in Cranbrook, and there wasn't anything like that there.

Despite the fact that I wanted to play, I almost said no because of my insecurities.
I'm glad I said yes.
It's been so FUN!

I play on a co-ed team, and it's a lot different playing with men.
There tall, and they play differently.
Our guys are pretty good though, they treat the girls pretty equally.

We're playing in the 1st/2nd place game next week.
We're playing a tough team, and we've lost to them before.
Although, we lost to the team we beat tonight to so who knows!

Back in December I never thought I would have this much fun!

You want to know the best part?
I feel like ME.
I get to be independent.
I get to be active.
I go, and I don't have to worry about children or household things.
I don't have to juggle 5 different things at once.
I don't have to worry about my life as wife, and mom.
I just get to be me :)

Please, please don't get me wrong.
I love ME as wife, and momma of 2...
...but it's nice to remember who I was before I was those things.




3 comments:

Mindy said...

It's nice to just be you once in a while!

Anonymous said...

Kenny!!

You are an absolutely amazing friend. I really appreciate the comment you told me of perceptions and the realities of motherhood! I am so glad I have beautiful and wonderful examples of mothers like you out there that make motherhood look enjoyable but achievable! Thanks so much for the words of encouragement!

love

merr

M said...

Hey Kendra,

Just wanted you to know that your guess on my blog was right on, but since it hasnt been confirmed in Calgary yet, I want to keep the suspense going.

You in?