Friday, May 18, 2012
The last few months have been kind of a blur!
We've had a lot of fun, and have been very busy.
I did want to write about Preslee turning ONE though!
At one year old Preslee ...
• is generally a very go with the flow type of baby.
• naps twice a day.
• says mama, dada, baba, and oh wow!
• understands very much of what you say to her.
• still wears size 2 diapers.
• weighs about 19 lbs.
• loves to giggle, and clap (especially when she does something good)
• has been standing for a couple of months,
but just smiles at me when I try to make her walk.
• has exceptional balance (especially for a kid that won't walk!)
• crawls like a maniac, and scales furniture.
• motors up the stairs, she's gone in a instant.
• is VERY curious. Don't leave a bathroom door open, or the pantry, or a pen in your bag.
• loves loves loves to give kisses.
• is terrified of most people, but when she's comfortable she's very comfortable.
• is very loud when she's comfortable. She loves to talk.
• can get ticked off quite quickly, and you'll know it.
• loves Brookey so much. It's fun to watch them play.
• really wants to do whatever Brooke is doing at all times, even if she physically can't.
I love to plan birthday parties for my kids. My mom always went all out for me as a kid, and I have some great memories. I love researching ideas, and planning the food, and making the food. I love to come up with a great theme, and put my graphic design diploma to use. Mostly I just love to see my kids happy, and having fun.
For Preslee's party this year I went with the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
I love Eric Carle's books and read them to my kids. The pictures are so bright and fun, it's a great children's book!
It was a great party theme because the food was a no brainer.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar eats through all sorts of things.
apples, pears, oranges, watermelon, strawberries, plums ...
salami, sausage, cheese, pickles ...
chocolate cake, cupcakes, cherry pie, ice cream, and lollipops ...
He actually eats quite a well rounded meal!
We had such a beautiful day for the party. I was stressing big time because I had planned it to be outdoors (it's at the end of April - it's not THAT unrealistic!) but the weekend before it had snowed! We were lucky to have warm temperatures. We had a bean bag toss game, and mostly just hung around and socialized with Preslee's guests.
Preslee loved eating her smash cake and really really loved opening her presents.
Brooke really liked opening Preslee's presents to!
Sorry for the picture overload. I just couldn't decide.
I still can't believe that she's already one. I have no idea where the last year went.
It really does feel like i've just welcomed her into this word. I see all that her little self has accomplished in just one year and couldn't be more proud to be her Mama!
Happy Birthday Preslee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comments:
Happy Be-lated Birthday Preslee!!
Kendra your party looked super cute!! I was debating on doing the same "theme" for Brynnae's 1 year too ;) Perhaps I'll brainstorm ideas with you for next year. You're looking so good!! What an adorable family :D Hope you have a great long weekend... Xoxo
P.s I noticed your "profile" info... Lol. I think a lot more has flown by since then too! ;) Haha.
Post a Comment