Sunday, July 6, 2008

Nursery Furniture!

Kale and I went down to Kalispell on Thursday to pick up the crib and dresser for the baby's room! We had a really good time together. Kalispell doesn't have much for shopping but we did stop by Target and they had some really cute maternity clothing and they also have a really nice Costco there to. 

So then on Friday we decided that we should put it all together. We had to open it to make sure there were no huge gashes in the wood so once it was open there was no point in leaving it unassembled...haha. I do realize that this baby won't be here until December but we are REALLY excited :) Here are a few photos of us putting it all together and the finished product! The ones of just the furniture are a little dull and didn't come out great but the ones with the flash looked even worse :) Haha, enjoy!


Kale putting the screws into the dresser.


Me, vacuuming out the dust.


Very excited!!


A fuzzy picture of dresser.
I just couldn't get a not fuzzy one.


The crib!!


The crib, with the front rail folded down.

So, thats our furniture. After we set it up I was looking at it again on the internet and saw that it was now on sale! The crib was 50 dollars off and the dresser was 90 dollars off the original sale price! I was kind of upset but then my mom suggested that we call JC Penney and see if they would adjust the price they charged us to the sale price and they did!!  YAY!! I couldn't have been more excited! So we decided to go ahead and buy the changing table that matched everything else since we got credited that 140 dollars. 

I'm so excited to find out what the baby is so we can paint the room and get some gender specific things and make the nursery perfect :) 

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Nice deal getting the money back! Yay. Your furniture is reaaallly cute. Exciting!

The Batter Bowl said...

Hey Kenny I love the furniture you picked out! The colour is awesome and it is just so cute! Is that crib the kind that can turn into a little bed and then into a full size bed? It kinda looks like it is one of those ones but if it isn't it is super cute anyways haha! I can't wait till i get to do all that fun stuff one day!! Keep on updating because i love being in on the fun stuff! Love ya!

Kendra said...

Thanks guys! It's so fun to pick these things out, haha. Yah Liss it is the convertible kind. It turns into a Toddler bed and then a double :)

juliane2004 said...

Awwwww, Kendra, that stuff is just so cute. I am so jealous. I love the dark wood color, and that dresser is beautiful. I'm happy for you that you got that credit and could get the matching change table. I like matching things. :)

Anonymous said...

The furniture looks so cute Ken! I can't wait for you guys to find out so I can start buying you stuff. haha.