Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Okay, lets try again.
Really, this time I hope to put forth some kind of effort...it's just that most days I don't have much to blog about.
For a week at the end of November and the beginning
of December Kale, Brooklyn and I went down to the States to visit some family. We stopped in our very first day and visited Kale's sister Shelene, her husband Shaun, and all the cousin
s! It was a lot of fun. We had Thanksgiving dinner with Shaun's family and then hung around and visited for a bit. They are a family that loves puzzles. I love puzzles to, and I hadn't done one forever!
Brookey and some of her cousins!
After dinner we continued on our was to Orem to stay with Kels and Nate! Kel and I discovered the wonderful day that is Black Friday. We started at 11 at the Tanger outlets in Park City. We hit up AE, Carter's, Osh Kosh, Banana, and more. There were a ton of people there but because it was just the 2 of us we were in and out of most stores. I can't believe how many people had strollers and kids. I would never bring my child BF shopping!
After a few hours there we headed back into Orem to drop off our findings and change into our glasses and get some eats. At about 4 am we headed over to the local 24 hour walmart. I've got one word for walmart on BF. WOW. It was INSANE. There was tons of people everywhere and nobody was very nice. When they announced that people could start shopping people went crazy. Kel and I just laughed and laughed because it's amazing the things people say. There was people getting elbowed and nobody cared...haha. Despite the crazy's I walked out of there with some great deals!
After Wally-mart we went to the mall which was suppose to open at 6. The mall opened at 6 but most store didn't open till 7:30 or 8. That was irritating. However Macy's was open and had some excellent deals as well. After Macy's we walked around a few times and finally settled on one of the only open places. The Pretzelmaker. Advice: don't eat The Pretzelmaker at 7:30 in the morning...after being out all night. It was sick. We were sick. After that we decided to go home to bed. On our way out of the mall we passed a store that we were waiting for to open and it was!! I think it was a miracle that both of us felt better...haha. Anyways, at 8:00 we went home. We had our Christmas shopping mostly done, and a few extra's. I will for sure do BF again. It was a really fun time to spend with my sister! I was shocked because Kel doesn't even like to shop ... ever. She gets cranky. :) I'm sure she'll love me when she reads this. Love you Kels!
The rest of the week consisted of finishing up Christmas shopping, lounging, eating, playing with Brookey, and gaming :) We had a ton of fun. Here are a few pics.
Brookey at Jimmy Johns. Great Sandwiches!
She stole her Daddy's cookie while he wasn't looking :) Haha
Brooke & Auntie. They are pretty much the best of friends :)
Oh and one of the best things we did was have a Tim Tam Slam :) It's excellent. If you know what I'm talking about then you've had one and if you don't you should google it and try it.
It's delicious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
its me, kels. Just to clarify, I only get cranky when I'm shopping and I have no money to spend! hahahahha..that is what i hate! Not shopping in general..haha..just thought I'd get that straight :) Black Friday was the best night of my life! except for the day after..i could have killed myself! haha. And I would have to agree..me+brookey=best friends :)
Hooray, you are back blogging!! Sounds like you guys had a great time.
Wow, I never thought I'd see this happen! Haha welcome back to the blog scene!
Yay you are back! About time! lol Love it!
Hooray for good deals!! That girl of yours gets cuter and cuter.
Post a Comment