Thursday, October 7, 2010
Okay, so ALOT has happened since the last time I posted....
We have been to Mexico and back, and had so much fun! Brookey loved it. She loved swimming in the pooey (pool) but mostly loved the BIG pooey (Ocean). It was a great vacation.
In May we got news that we were being transferred back to Calgary for Kale's work. So Kale finished building our garage and took off for Calgary mid July while B and I stayed back to try and sell the house. We tried to do it privately because selling a house with a realtor just seemed to be a lot more expensive then we needed at the time. We had quite a few people look, but no one seemed to be really serious in wanting to purchase so in September we decided to enlist the services of our trusty realtor Jason. Well, our house never hit the MLS and 3 days later was conditionally sold. It was literally a miracle in this housing market. We have houses around us that have been on the market for over a year! What an answer to our prayers. On October 1st we closed on the house and now we're out.
We looked at lots of housing options in Calgary but nothing really spoke to us so we have decided to take the long road to building our house. Kale got the contract to do the plumbing and heating for our house for a little bit of sweat equity...and I mean a little bit. However it was just enough to take the house from the category of doable but a little expensive to quite doable so we took it! While our house is being built Kale is still (obviously) working in Calgary but we've decided to stay in Cranbrook and live with my parents until our house is done. I know what your thinking....we're crazy to live apart. It's very much a money saving operation, and what we felt was a bit of sacrifice right now was best for our future in Calgary. Brookey is also very comfortable here, so here we will stay.
In other news, and just to add to the craziness that is my life right now .... We're Pregnant! I'm 11 weeks along and mostly feeling good. Baby is due April 27th (and our move in date is April 1st). Brookey is excited to be a big sister and loves to kiss my tummy. She'll be great!
Anyways, that is all our big news. We're sad to leave Cranbrook, but excited for our future as a family of 4 in Calgary.
Under the circumstance's life is good :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
AHH! Congrats on everything!! it will be nice to have you guys back in the city.
Go Kenny and the blog post! I was just skimming through and I was like, 'what!?' I love reading blogs. You guys totally do have a lot going on but at least they fell into place just nicely like with selling the house and building a new dream home!
Yay for blogging! Lol. You need to do it more often :P
Congrats on the House & the new Baby!
Sounds like you guys are settling into "life" just fine :)
All the best!
Hopefully we can meet up soon in the future for a play date ;)
Soooo exciting!!!
I completely believe that the sale of our condo was the answer to a prayer & a miracle. Ours sold in 13 days. We had 8 showings, but the girl that bought it was the 3rd. There were 4 or 5 units for sale at the same time including the unit right across the sidewalk from ours that went on the market 3 days after ours. (I was not pleased about that one; as you can imagine.)
As for your new little mcnasty....how very exciting!!!! I'm sure that it will break Grammy & Grampy's hearts to be even the least bit distant from him or her & Brookey.
Post a Comment