Monday, November 22, 2010
BABY, and a modest one at that. We didn't get a shot of the goods. Don't worry though, I'm not discouraged ;) I do believe we'll be booking a 3D ultrasound that promises gender determination...I am just so excited, I can't wait! We did find out that the baby is healthy, and good. It is such a blessing, and miracle to have a healthy little baby. When we got this ultrasound done with Brooke, they couldn't find her nose bone ... and not having a nose bone is a sign of Down Syndrome. We got sent to Calgary for a in-depth ultrasound a few weeks later they found her nose bone. However, that was the most trying and heart wrenching couple of weeks of my life. It wasn't because I wouldn't love my baby, but because I felt inadequate becoming a first time mother ... let alone becoming a first time mother to a child with special needs.
4 comments:
Modest is Hottest ;)
I did not know that story about Brooke... thanks for sharing your feelings and insight!
I don't know if you have ever stumbled upon this woman, but you must read her blog!
Grab some kleenex and start here:
http://www.kellehampton.com/2010/01/nella-cordelia-birth-story.html
I find her words pretty raw, and amazingly beautiful :')
I had a great Aunt who was born with Down Syndrome. She passed away when I was a little girl. If there was anything that I will remember her for, it was for her smile, charm, and outlook on life! She had a great sense of humor :)
Glad to hear all is well with your *baby*! Keep the posts coming...
All babies are beautiful children of God! No matter what their gender is-- Whether they have been given special needs or not!
That's whats so wonderful about the miracle of life ;)
{Hugs}
I hope I didn't come off sounding insensitive ... I just recall the intense feelings of inadequacy. At the end of the few weeks where we knew nothing, we both had come to terms with whatever was the Lord's will :)
Your certainly right though ... Life is a miracle :)
Not at all hun! ;)
I just felt like I needed to share with you, someone's real life experience of the SAME feelings you and your husband were going through, at the time...
Perspective is an interesting thing-- You're not alone! ♥
I think EVERY new parent has honest and deep emotions of inadequacy... I know I certainly do!!! (And I'm sure it doesn't stop whether it's your 1st baby or the last!)
It's nice to know that there is always someone out there in the world who you can turn to ;)
No matter the circumstance...
Love ya friend!
P.S You're SO right about accepting our Heavenly Father's will...
When we replace fear with faith, it can be the most powerful strength within ourselves of gaining peace and hope ;)
Post a Comment