Monday, March 14, 2011

This picture of me was taken in on my 24th birthday. I love this picture!
I can almost always find something that I don't like about myself in any given photograph ...
but this one is great!
15 Interesting Facts about ME!
1• I love cake! Now, lately I have been craving all forms of cake. However, this is not just a pregnancy thing. Cake is easily my dessert of choice at all times!
2• I have a huge fear of those I love dying prematurely. I lost a really good friend when I was 21, and I know how real death is. I think it drives my husband crazy because along with that fear comes me being paranoid of anything remotely dangerous that he might want to do. I always think of worst case scenario.
3• I am insanely shy and private. Growing up, and even now most people take me for just being a snob. I'm more afraid to talk to you, then you are to talk to me! Some people find this hard to believe because give me 1 or 2 people that I know well in a group and I'm quite outgoing BUT stick me in a group with unknowns and I'm really awkward. It takes a long time for me to feel comfortable with any given person. I know this has hindered friendships or possible friendships, and for that reason I'm really trying to change!
4• I adore my sister :) She means so much to me, and it sucks to live so far away from each other. We always have so much fun together, and I love that we married men that get along with each other so well! It makes for some really awesome times together. We always have to have a plan of when we will see each other again at the end of every visit or a meltdown could follow ;)
5• I love to read. I would rather read a book then watch a movie. The library is one of my favorite places.
6• I love to cook. This may come as a surprise to some people because this has only happened in the last few years. When I got married, I could burn a frozen chicken pot pie ... in fact I did ;) After I had Brooklyn I went on Weight Watchers to lose my baby weight and it inspired me to start cooking with whole ingredients. If I can make it myself, I usually prefer to do it that way. I've been told by a few people close to me that I'm a good cook and that makes me feel good!
7• I'm afraid of the dark, yet I have to have complete dark to sleep. Usually it's not a problem because Kale is there but the last 9 months (I can't believe it's been that long) we've been living apart on weekdays so I go to bed alone. This results in either me turning on my bedside lamp and then turning off my light, getting into bed and then turning off my lamp before I go to sleep OR turning off my light, and making a mad dash to my bed before my imagination runs away with me.
8• I hate to exercise BUT I find it to be an essential part of my life. It must be done in front of a tv ... and if I'm doing a workout DVD then once I have the routine down I have a show or movie playing on my laptop. I will not workout without a distraction.
9• I find that one of the hardest parts of parenting is keeping a straight face. Truth be told, some of the "bad" things that Brookey does are REALLY funny.
10• I sometimes get an itch to use the "school smarts" side of my brain. Don't get me wrong, I love being a SAHM. Though every now and then I use my brain to do my dad's books or design something for my husband and I love how I feel after.
11• Sometimes Kale & I still can't believe we married each other. In order to really truly understand why, you'd have to know each of us when we were teenagers. We were (and probably still are) polar opposites but it works for us. He makes my life a little more exciting, and I tone his down a couple notches :) It's a good balance.
12• I hate the cold. I obviously live in the wrong country. I need my sun to be able to function. The more the winter goes on, the lazier and more down I feel. Every year. It's been like that for as long as I can remember, and I can't seem to help it.
13• I don't understand why McDonalds keeps bringing back the McRib. It was nasty the first time I tried it, and I'm pretty sure it's nasty now.
14• I had the best group of LDS friends my last few months of my senior year in high school. It was at a time where my life could go either way. The people I grew up with starting heading out to the bar and I knew I didn't fit in there. These friends gave me a place to fit in. We did some of the most ridiculous things, and even though I don't keep in touch with many of them anymore they mean a lot to me.
15• I enjoy a good sandwich. Calgary needs better sandwich shops. We need a Zupa's, or a Jimmy Johns, or something comparable.
There's 15 ... although some may not really be THAT intersting! I started to lose hope around 10 but got it done :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm totally the same with #1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (though I do love to exercise, I need something to distract me too), and #12. Good to see you blogging again! Keep it up!
Haha. I love the McRib comment! So random but made me laugh.
I LOVE this post! I think you should do a post on your food likes and dislikes. I always find it interesting. You can like totally bizarre and exotic things like me and yet not like jam. It'd be an interesting post on your palate! hahah I learned some new things about and some of them made total sense....like the mcrib. Seriously, who thought of ever making that? It'd be great if they came up with something equally stupid like Mc Cavier. ;)
Post a Comment