Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Day 2 - Something the Stresses you out
This one is easy! Lately, I've had to deal with something new in my life. Temper tantrums ... in public. I can deal with at home tantrums, in private, where everyone and their dog are not judging me for how i'm handling my child. In public though I get really flustered! Brookey was a very easy baby. She was pretty quiet, and even when she started to grow a little bit and become more independent she would often just look around or be easily swayed with a toy or some food. Well, then my easy baby became a very very high energy, very independent, very stubborn 2 year old. She's still a good girl, and behaves a lot of the time but when she doesn't she is LOUD. She speaks very well, and so everyone knows what's going on with her ... especially when she's upset. I've resorted to time outs for the most part, but where do you stick her in time out in a grocery store? Kale put her in a time out in the lawyers office last week (I'm aware a lawyer's office is NOT a place for a child but when you have no one to leave her with what do you do?) and she did sit there ... and loudly sobbed. It wasn't much better then the tantrum. I'm sure the lawyer thought we were insane...
This won't last forever ... right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'm really enjoying these posts! I could feel my own stress just recollecting a few memories of my own with my two crazies (adorable but crazy, lovable but crazy!). Remember, if we're able to, we'd love to have Brookey here. She has a fan base at my house. haha
Post a Comment